CCR questions


Alternative link:  https://youtu.be/sIO5ch_krac?si=Pk9OaJsrD2u9_kpp 



Script:

okay this is question one how does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues? 

    so my opening sequence was filmed entirely by students of um this class and it was filmed entirely with equipment that we already had we did not have to go out and buy any equipment we decided that we would use equipment that we already own to create this opening sequence. for a lot of um opening sequences for short films they have to go out of their way to buy things, but we decided not to buy anything and we decided to just go and create this sequence with the things that we already owned. and how does it represent social groups or issues? this could represent an issue that we have in overall just in the entire world where we trust people very easily there are a lot of um examples of this in real life a lot of stories that you hear about somebody who trusted this person and this happened to them because of because they trusted them. this person like there are plenty of examples of this online just like and sometimes you'll hear a story from a friend or a parent about how you shouldn’t trust everybody and how people that you think you know you don't know and this could represent that a lot because in the opening sequence my character she was a friend to these two girls and she ended up being a horrible person in the end and they trusted this girl so much. so, they went over to her house even though they had a bad feeling about it but they trusted her, so they went over to her house and yeah that's just that says a lot about trusting people and how you can’t trust everyone.

yeah, okay um here's question two. how does your product engage audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media?  um my product my opening sequence it's very mysterious originally from the beginning you can tell that something is off just by how the characters are acting but in finality it engages with a lot of younger audiences it would engage with younger audience audiences more than older audiences due to the whole nature of it it's about a girl who goes over to her friend's house and something's not right and it's just about a bunch of like teenage girls hanging out and realizing that one of their friends like something is wrong with them and the drama aspect of it is interesting as well. honestly the whole mystery aspect of it just keeps the audience more entertained throughout the sequence and it keeps them more involved in the sequence um as a real media text it could be distributed as a short film on YouTube or a short film on somewhere like on a site it could be distributed as just regularly as regular short films like on YouTube there are short films like short scary films that you can watch like the company alter makes short scary films that you can watch on YouTube they're usually like 7 to 2 minutes and this could be used as just an entire short film on YouTube and since it is just an opening sequence it can be used as the opening sequence to an um movie it could be continued as a movie or it could just be a short film on YouTube, it could just be posted on YouTube and yeah Okay the third question

how did your production skills develop throughout this project okay for this project I was originally not going to do most of the filming because my character had the most lines but I did end up doing a good portion of filming especially for the scenes with the jump cut the conversations um the reason I did most of the filming was because of my camera I used my iPhone 13 The camera was really good quality but it wasn't too pixelated or like overly good and it fits in with the sequence um so I did a good portion of the filming and I learned that camera positioning and camera angles needed to fit in with your sequence in order to create a good project because if your camera positioning does not fit then the whole scene is going to look wrong like for some scenes I was well we were planning to do a lot of jump-cutting throughout the whole sequence but in the end, we decided that the jump cuts look too choppy and so we decided to do a lot of the fit scene a lot of the scenes where it was the three characters of all of us talking together we decided to do all that with like all of us just in one scene instead of jump-cutting and jump cutting because it looked too choppy and it looked like we were doing it too much throughout the sequence and so my skills with um editing and with production improved and I learned how important the camera angles really really really really really were um and I also learned how important it is to keep your hand steady throughout filming because we did a film with a good

a GoPro stick but in some of the scenes I

had to hold the phone to film and my

hands were a little shaky but besides

that besides those

parts they were it was really

steady

um we

also had somebody else film us for some

of the um

videos of some of the scenes because we

couldn't film them on our own especially

for the scams but there were three of us

walking and talking together I needed

we all needed somebody else to film us I

gu it didn't fit in for the

sequence for one of the scenes that we

cut we didn't really cut it entirely

from the sequence but we did end up

cutting a good portion of it in half so

it could fit in for the time management

timing

management for that scene there were

three of us I'll put it on the screen

this is the scene where it was three of

us we're all talking together and

sitting and originally the video was

like 50-40 seconds but that's my

get back up but we had to cut it for

timing management

and

yeah we did end up using it still

because it was important it established

the next part of the scene that we were

going to walk into which established the next scene but anyways moral of the story we need to keep it in order to keep the plot and yeah how did you integrate technology software hardware and online in this project okay so for the filming of this opening sequence I used many platforms to edit the videos um and to add the effects of course for me well my groupmates they use different platforms I think I'm pretty sure but I use it mostly video star and cap cut um for my um storyboard I use Canva to generate AI images that fit the scenes that I was trying to illustrate um for the editing of a video I focus mainly on using video and when I did use cap cut I use Video Star mostly for editing but when I did use cap cut I used cap cut for adding the scene together so when it came to adding the effects in the editing of video star I use a lot of the fading that I had to edit out in the end because I wanted the scenes to blend in seamlessly into each other um I added a lot of the fading out but for the fading I used Video Star for the sound effects for adding background music.

I use all videos for all of that for the scenes when it came to add some scenes together I added each scene together individually well the scenes that I did I added the scenes together individually so I could um keep track of which scene was which so for example for scene one I would add the parts that we recorded I would add um each video that we recorded into that project file and I would label it scene one and I would do all the edits that I needed for that scene on that project file and then go to another scene and edit those same things into those scenes 

 when it came for when it came to the the background music I used only um nonroyalty music off of YouTube for the sound effects too um when I added them the screen and the suspenseful background music I layered it into the audio but in order to make-sure that it didn't overlap with the original audio I turned the volume halfway so you could hear it in the background but it wouldn't cover the original audio and it wouldn't cover the voices that were being spoken and in the end for this project because of the time limit, 

 

we did have to end up cutting a lot of scenes that were originally in the opening sequence and instead of um creating new scenes we just edited out scenes that we already filmed and kept in the scenes that were most that were most important to the plot um for editing um when it came to cutting out the scenes we had to rewatch the video like several times and for video star they do not allow you to undo things that you've already done for the editing so we had to go to cap cut again and use cap cut to remove scenes you have to split the video you could choose a certain point in the video where you could split it and you could cut that video from the entire sequence so that's what we did do when it came to cutting out scenes for time management as we cut out the scenes I realized that a lot of the things that we did some of the things that we did were not as necessary they they weren't necessarily needed for the um opening sequence but I realized that as after a lot of cutting videos so I made sure that the scenes that were kept in were of course important to the plot and important to the opening sequence and I me the scenes that were cut weren't necessarily needed so yeah


Popular posts from this blog

Critical Reflection Questions

Title Research: Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events